mileszat

Default Can you create a multi-layered merge where certain merge fields a.

I am using Word XP. I used to use WordPerfect DOS and was able to complete a
dopuble merge and assume the more sophisticted WOrd can do the same. I need
to create a document which incorporates 2 separate data bases. The first
merge creates the document with one data base; the second merge is a more
standard mail merge with names and addresses. None of the "Word Inserts"
seems to apply. Is there a way to create merge codes which survive the first
merge so they can be used in the second merge? The merge fields are
different between the first and second merge.