Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
[email protected] jonmallin@gmail.com is offline

Default MS Word Mail Merge from Excel -- Force Excel to open the datafile?

I am working on a mail merge from an MS Excel (Office 2002 SP3)
spreadsheet into Word (Office 2002 SP3). The merge itself is working
well. Generally, when I open up a Word file that contains a mail
merge, the Excel file with the merge data opens automatically.
However, sometimes the Excel file doesn't open automatically. Is
there some setting or work around to force the Excel file to open
always?