Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default MS Word Mail Merge from Excel -- Force Excel to open the datafile?

See response above.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

wrote in message
I did some testing and it seems that if I create a mail merge document
in Word 2000, then the Excel data file automatically opens when I open
the Word file. If I create a mail merge document in Word 2002 (XP/
SP3), then the Excel data file does not automatically open. Is there
a way to force the Excel file to open in Word 2002 (XP/SP3)? Thanks
in advance.