Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
[email protected] jonmallin@gmail.com is offline

Default MS Word Mail Merge from Excel -- Force Excel to open thedatafile?

On Sep 25, 8:27*pm, "Doug Robbins - Word MVP"
wrote:
From the Tools menu in Word, select Options and then go to the General tab
and check the box against the "Confirm conversions at open" item. *Then when
you attach the data source to the mail merge main document, select the DDE
option in the dialog that appears asking be what method the connection
should be made.

Doug,

Thanks. I'm still having some difficulty. When I open the Word
document, I get a box that says Word cannot find its data source.
Both the Word and Excel file are in the same directory. Ugh!
Thanks again.

Jon