Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey Greg Maxey is offline

Default Word 2007 tables - adding multiple rows

Using a macro can make the process fairly simple.

Sub AddMultipleRows()
Dim pStr As String 'User input
If Selection.Information(wdWithInTable) = True Then
On Error GoTo Err_Handler
Err_ReEntry:
pStr = InputBox("Enter the number of rows to add.", "Add Rows", "1")
If StrPtr(pStr) = 0 Then 'User cancel
Exit Sub
Else
Selection.InsertRowsBelow pStr
End If
End If
Exit Sub
Err_Handler:
If Err.Number = 5146 Then 'Invalid number
Beep
Application.StatusBar = "Please enter a valid number"
Resume Err_ReEntry
End If
End Sub

On Mar 22, 2:28*am, bindum31
wrote:
Thanks for sharing this nice shortcuts.. *:-)

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
There doesn't seem to be. IMO this is unfortunate. In Word 2003 I usually
select rows, right-click, and use Insert Rows, but I assumed that the Table
| Insert | Rows Above/Rows Below commands would open a dialog allowing me to
select the number of rows to insert (in the same way that the Table | Insert
| Table... command does (although I should have known better since the menu
items don't end in ellipses). There *should* be such a dialog IMO.

FWIW, the quickest way to insert multiple rows at once (though inserting a
specific number can be hairy) is to select one or two rows and insert, then
select the new rows along with the old ones and press F4 (Repeat); continue
to add the new rows to the old ones and press F4 to increase the number
inserted. Still not terribly satisfactory, but at least better than adding
one or two rows at a time.

"rgille" wrote in message
news
Is there any way to add multiple rows to a Word 2007 table all at once?
(without selecting existing rows first). *For instance, I want to quickly
add
20 rows to a three row table. *Thank you.- Hide quoted text -