Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Default show icon from .ico file in Word doc

It sounds like what you need is what Graham suggested - if you don't have
other software for the job. Icons aren't really "image" files, but I believe
you can use SnagIt to *batch convert* icons to GIFs. Then just put the GIFs
in using InsertPicture - Create from File.

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 6/10/07 5:40 PM, in article
, "Gratje"
wrote:

This is an option but it requires additional editing and for the project I'm
working on, I have to do it for dozens of icons. I was hoping for an easier
way. I will try it to see what the quality of the icon will be.
Thanks for your suggestion.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Or use a graphics conversion utility such as SnagIt to convert it to a
compatible format such as GIF.

My web site
www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org

CyberTaz wrote:
How about InsertObjectCreate from File?

"Gratje" wrote in message
I have an .ico file and I want to show the icon in a word document.
Importing it as a picture via "insert picture from file" doesn't work
(file
format is not recognised). Any suggestions how I can do this?
(I'm using Office XP). Thanks in advance.