Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Default Extra Space at the bottom of the page

In addition to Suzanne's insights you might also check for:

1- Did you perhaps create a Next Page Section Break? Turn on the Show/Hide ¶
button to visualize it, or

2- Is the first para on the page following the 'empty space' formatted using
Page Break Before, either directly or by a Style?

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"kisel123" wrote in message
Thank you Richard,

However, that does not seem to solve the problem. It is one specific page
am having problems with in a multipage document, and changing the page
margins still had no affect on that page.

"Richard O. Neville" wrote:

Try a slight change in the bottom margin of the document, in File-Page
Setup. Sometimes changing from the default 1 inch to 0.8 inches will
help.
If you don't have footnotes, you can go as low as 0.5.

"kisel123" wrote in message
Could someone please help me. There are pages on my document where I
have
plenty of space left at the end of the page, but for some reason I
cannot
join words that are on the next page with that page. I do not have
footnotes
there or anything else like that.