You have to choose an identifier for your sequence. For example, a proper
SEQ field could be { SEQ Equation } or { SEQ Table }. You can have as many
different numbering sequences as you like, each with a different name. This
is spelled out very clearly in the "Field codes: Seq (Sequence) field" Help
topic. Did you expand all the subheads in the topic (Instructions, Switches,
Examples)?

"~D~" wrote in message
I keep getting "Error: No Sequence Specified"

I clicked on "Insert, Field" chose "SEQ" "Options" and added *.arabic"

that
didn't work so I tried Seq/n and I still get Error no sequence specified.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
If you search for "SEQ field," the first hit is the topic for "Field

codes:
Seq (Sequence) field." Although it does say that the *easiest* way to

insert
a SEQ field is to use a caption, there is much more in that Help topic.

Try
using Insert | Field: Seq.

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"~D~" wrote in message
It said to use "Insert, Reference, Caption"..all I want is the number

not
the word "figure" or "table".

Thank you.

"garfield-n-odie" wrote in

message
No, SEQ is not the same as LISTNUM, except that both are fields.

What
does Word Help say about SEQ fields?

~D~ wrote:

Yes..I am not familiar with fields. How do I do that? Is that the

same
as a
"list num"?
"garfield-n-odie" wrote

in
message

Do you mean besides just typing the number? Try a { SEQ } field.

~D~ wrote:

If I wanted a number to appear at the cursor how would I insert

it.

Using

bullets/numbering gives me alignmant, formatting which is what I

don't

want.

Here is an example:

Text text text (insert #1) text text text (insert #2)
Text text text text text text text text text text (insert #3)
text text text text text text text text text text (insert#4)

Thanks in advance.