Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
StevenM[_2_] StevenM[_2_] is offline

Default Second line of paragraph won't indent like I need it to

"Studebaker" wrote: I need the 2nd line, "due and made payable...", to be
indented at Tab 1.5 underneath the 1st line, "All cash fees payable..." The
Paragraph Indentation dialog box shows Left Indent at 0.5" and a Hanging
Indent By 0.5".

I suspect there is a tab character in your first line, nonetheless, 0.5" +
0.5" is only 1.0" and not 1.5". If you set the hanging indent to 1", does
that solve your problem?

Steven Craig Miller

Hello,

I am working on a legal document someone else created. I can't get the 2nd
line in one of their paragraphs to indent like I need it to. the They have
the following sentence:

Tab 0.5 Tab 1.0 Tab 1.5
Tab 6.5
| | |

(f) (1) All cash fees payable under
Subsection 2(a) are
due and made payable at the closing, etc., etc.

I need the 2nd line, "due and made payable...", to be indented at Tab 1.5
underneath the 1st line, "All cash fees payable..."
The Paragraph Indentation dialog box shows Left Indent at 0.5" and a Hanging
Indent By 0.5".
For now I've just put a paragraph break after the word "are" at the end of
the first line and that works my indenting problem but the whole document
is full justified and that leaves a big blank space after the "are" and it
makes that word along the right margin uneven.
This is a legal document and has to look just right, can anyone help me out,
please?

Thanks in advance.