Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
StevenM[_2_] StevenM[_2_] is offline

Default Second line of paragraph won't indent like I need it to

Studebaker,

Just so I can understand, why doesn't the Paragraph dialog box now say
1.5" for the hanging indent? I understand the left tab at 0.5" for the (f)
and the L-tab stop at 1" for the (1) but shouldn't the hanging indent in the
Paragraph dialog box now read 1.5" for the text part of the paragraph?

I'm glad things are now working for you. I thought our next step would be to
seed screen shots to each other by e-mail. I'm glad we didn't have to go that
far. grin

As to why the hanging indent says 1" and not 1.5": The "Left indent" is for
the whole paragraph. The hanging indent is an extra indent for the rest of
the paragraph (excluding the first line). In my first message to you, I
mentioned that one needed to add the Left indent of 0.5" and the hanging
indent of 1" to get to the 1.5" mark. (I all too often have to read
instructions two or three times before I can begin to comprehend them.)

Anyway, things are now working for you.

Steven Craig Miller