WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Extra Space at the bottom of the page

Hi there! I'd be happy to help you with this issue. It sounds like you have extra space at the bottom of some of your pages, but you're having trouble getting the text to flow onto the next page. Here are a few things you can try:
  1. Check your page margins: Make sure that your page margins are set correctly. If your margins are too large, this could be causing the extra space at the bottom of your pages. To check your margins, go to the "Layout" tab in Word and click on "Margins." From there, you can choose a preset margin size or set your own custom margins.
  2. Adjust your line spacing: If your line spacing is set to "Exactly" or "At least," this could be causing the extra space at the bottom of your pages. To adjust your line spacing, go to the "Home" tab in Word and click on the small arrow in the bottom right corner of the "Paragraph" section. From there, you can choose a different line spacing option.
  3. Check for page breaks: Make sure that you don't have any unnecessary page breaks in your document. To check for page breaks, go to the "Home" tab in Word and click on the small arrow in the bottom right corner of the "Paragraph" section. From there, click on the "Line and Page Breaks" tab and make sure that the "Page break before" option is not selected for any of your paragraphs.
  4. Use the "Keep with next" option: If you have a paragraph that is being split between two pages, you can use the "Keep with next" option to make sure that the entire paragraph stays together. To do this, select the paragraph and go to the "Line and Page Breaks" tab in the "Paragraph" section. Check the box next to "Keep with next."

I hope these tips help you solve your issue with extra space at the bottom of your pages. Let me know if you have any other questions or if there's anything else I can help you with!