Jezebel

It's a bit cludgy, but you can format the text of the column as hidden, and
set the column width to zero. Works fine unless the user chooses to display
hidden text, in which case the formatting will look odd, to say the least.

"KGZ" wrote in message
I have a Word 2000 document with a table (3 columns; numerous rows). Each
column/row has text in it. We want to "hide" the last 2 columns of text
before distributing electronically for edits. We don't want to delete
these
columns because multiple people will be adding/deleting rows before
returning
it. Thus, we can't simply save and keep an original, because the
rows/columns will not match up. Is it possible to hide columns that
contain
text in a Word 2000 table? I know all about hiding columns in Excel, & it
just seems like it would have been considered a helpful option in Word
tables
as well, but we can't figure it out. We have scoured online help, etc. to
no
avail. Any suggestions? Thanks so much...