Anne

Thanks for the feedback -- I'm not surprised there isn't a better way, but
at least I know I've explored the possibilities!

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

No, I tried some time ago to find a simple solution to this but without
success. Your bes bet is probably to record a small macro that selects all
the text in the output document and applies the appropriate language format.

Peter Jamieson
"Anne" wrote in message
I merge data into Word from a 3rd party software. Word automatically
formats
it "Do Not Check Spelling or Grammer". The only solution I know of is is
select all the text, use Tools, Set Language, Language Tab and uncheck the
"Do Not Check Spelling or Grammer" box. This is quite bulky, especially
when
I'm doing a lot of document. Any ideas how to turn off this Word default
setting?