Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default Use current date in the default date form field option

On 7 Apr 2007 09:20:00 -0700, wrote:

I am creating a form and I would like the current date (the day the
user works on the form) to be the default, but I need the user to have
the option to type over that date if necessary.

I am sure this is a simple option, but I can't seem to find the right
way to insert the current date as the date field default option.

Please help!

Thanks

Place the following macro in the template for your form
(
http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm) and change the form name
in quotes to the name of the actual field in your template.

Sub AutoNew()
ActiveDocument.FormFields("DateField").Result = CStr(Now)
End Sub

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman