billxian

Thats my point by the way

If I want to go to the tool how to get there I use the mouse and click view
then click outline. Therefo outline view. Sorry,I am not part of microsoft
village. I don't speak the Microsoft language. (Life is much easier if you
use Word's vocabulary...)

When I get to the outline view I expect it would give me a landscape
representation if I set the paper to landscape. I don't know how to make this
happen. I only get a portrait representation with a lot of unnecessary word
wrap. The reason I want to use landscape is not to have wordwrap. For some
reason when I am using the outline tool I get a portrait representation. I
don't want a portrait representation. I want a landscape representation.

Also when I print I expect a landscape representation without all unecessary
word wrap if I set the paper to landscape from the outline tool. On the print
out I get the paper orientation as landscape with wordwrap based on portrait.
I do not want this.
I want to print from the outline tool with with a collapsed paragraph,
landscape orientation with landscape line length, no unecessary word wrap
when I set the paperto landscape orientation. How do I get what I want?

DM,You tell me: "If you change the
paper in a document, it is changed for everything--print layout and outline
view, and for printing."

This is not happening.

print layout (Yes),

Printing (to a point I get landscape orientation with portrait based
wordwrap. I don't want this. I want landscape orientation and landscape based
word wrap)

Outline view (No-The display acts as if it is still portrait 8.5"" (I don't
want this. I want landscape (11" wide)),

I can't collapse a section in print layout. This is okay I am not printing
from print layout. I am printing from the outline tool.

I want to print from the outline tool a collapsed section and get word wrap
based on a longer line length when I set the paper to landscape orientation.

Please I help. I am trying get you to understand me.

As you can guess, I am getting frustrated, sorry.

--
Good Luck and God be with you
Keep typing and trucking

"Daiya Mitchell" wrote:

Some notes.

What in the world do you mean by Outlook View? Life is much easier if you
use Word's vocabulary...

You can't change a view from Landscape to Portrait. You change the *paper*
from landscape to portrait (using File | Page Setup). If you change the
paper in a document, it is changed for everything--print layout and outline
view, and for printing.

Unless I have also misunderstood, you are asking for something that you
can't have--a document in portrait that will use landscape only when you are
printing from outline view. You can manually make this happen--when you go
into Outline View to print, change the paper; then change it back when you
return to print layout view--but Word won't automatically do it for you.

These are the conditions

1. Outlook View (Preferably a landscape view versus a portrait view. I don't
see how you set the landsacpe view for an outline)
2. Line of text that wraps in portrait but not in landscape mode if printed
3. A collapsed section not containing the long line

Result

A printout that

1. Shows the section collapsed
2. The line extending without wordwrap

I hope this clarifies the situation

Again, thanks for the help but I still have the problem.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/