Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
TF TF is offline

Default white text-black background WITHOUT border

As Suzanne says, no it is the printer limitation. Print Preview is showing
you what will be printed, so it is correct.

To illustrate this point, try going to File, Page Setup and reduce all the
margins to zero. When you click OK, Word will prompt that the margins are
incorrect.

If you click IGNORE and continue, Print Preview will now show a full black
border to the edges of the page, but the printer will still leave a white
border.

If you click FIX, Print Preview will show the narrow white border coincident
to the unprintable area defined by the printer driver.

Terry

wrote in message
ups.com...
: Hi Terry: thank's for your quick reply! I am not completely
: convinced that this is a printer problem. The reason is that after
: using Msft Word's PRINT PREVIEW option, the unwanted border also
: appears. best, Aaron
:
: ************************************************
: TF wrote:
: What you are seeing is the shortcomings with the printer rather than
Word.
: Most printers have an unprintable area around the edges which looks like
an
: unwanted white border. Print houses use very high end printers that can
: 'bleed' to the edges of the paper those sometimes they use large stock
paper
: and then trim off the excess (the white border).
:
: Some newer Photo InkJet printers have the ability to make borderless
prints
: on special paper. If you desperately want white text on black, you will
have
: to get one of these printers.
:
: My personal preference is for Canon (IP4200) but Epson and HP make
inkjets
: with similar ability.
:
: --
: Terry Farrell - Word MVP
: http://word.mvps.org/
:
:
: wrote in message
: ps.com...
: : Is it possible, using Msft word, to print a letter with a white font
: : and a black background WITHOUT a border?
: :
: : I have been trying using using BORDERS & SHADING on format menu, then
: : selecting the shading tab, and setting the paragraph to black & then
: : selecting FORMAT menue and setting the font to white. This has
: : succeeded in giving me a white font with a black background, but it
: : gave me an unwanted border.
: :
: : Any suggestions on how to do without a border and shading just the
: : desired text appreciated.
: :
: : Aaron
: :