WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: picture as table cell background?

Using a Picture as a Table Cell Background in Microsoft Word
  1. Insert a table in your Word document by going to the "Insert" tab and selecting "Table". Choose the number of rows and columns you need.
  2. Select the cell where you want to add the picture as the background.
  3. Right-click on the cell and select "Table Properties" from the drop-down menu.
  4. In the "Table Properties" dialog box, select the "Cell" tab.
  5. Click on the "Options" button.
  6. In the "Cell Options" dialog box, select the "Fill" tab.
  7. Choose "Picture or texture fill" from the "Fill effects" drop-down menu.
  8. Click on the "File" button to select the picture you want to use as the background.
  9. Once you have selected the picture, you can adjust the size and position of the picture in the cell by using the "Offset X" and "Offset Y" options.
  10. Click "OK" to apply the changes.

Now, the picture will be locked and sized to the table cell, and any text editing you do will be on top of the image without changing it. If you need to change the text formatting, it should not affect the position or size of the picture.