Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Bee

Default Templates

But I don't want just a "Blank Document," I want to see the list of the dozen
or so customized templates I've stored in my Templates Directory...

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

Open the Tools Customize dialog. In the File category, find the New Blank
Document command and drag it to the toolbar or to the File menu (see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...oToToolbar.htm). If you
don't want to use the task pane, drag the old button/command off and drop it
into the document area, where it will disappear.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Jay Bee wrote:
In Word 2003, File-New pops up a window on the right. I then have to
click on "On My Computer" to get the list of template (.dot) files on
my PC. How can I make this the default action, i.e. I want to click
file-new and see the list of DOTs (like Word 2000)?

Thanks in advance