Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dave Berry, United Kingdom

Default Word 2003: my default language won't change from Welsh to English

In word 2003, my default language for all my documents is Welsh for some
reason. When I try to change the default language to English (UK) the
computer tells me that in the future my default language will change to
English (UK). Upon restarting word, the language is still Welsh. The only
way change the language is to highlight the text I have already written and
change the language manually, then it will change to English (until I restart
Word 2003 again).
I have installed service pack 2 but to no avail. This is a really annoying
problem and any help would be useful.