Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shauna Kelly Shauna Kelly is offline

Default How do I transfer to a new computer?

Hi

You will need your original media and from that you can install Office onto
the new laptop.

You may not be able to activate it online, because the system may recognize
that you already have used your three installs. If that's the case, ring
Microsoft and explain what you've done.

Then, you'll need to copy your files and settings from the old machine to
the new one. The following may help:
What files do I need to back up?
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/FilesToBackup.htm

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"kev99" wrote in message
I bought a new laptop and want to transfer my office 2003 suite to it. I
bought the student edition two years ago and have already used three
installs. Can I somehow back it up on my external hard drive and then
reinstall to the new laptop? Thanks in advance.