Charles Kenyon

I started out on dedicated WP machines, then moved to MultiMate on the PC,
and then moved to WP. I was dragged kicking and screaming to Word when I
became a public defender. Word's help is very helpful, if you know what it
is you are looking for... If you don't know, then you'll flounder. I found
Microsoft's "Legal Users Guide" useful but was frustrated at its lack of
cross-referencing and outside references. So, I annotated it. You can find
my version at http://addbalance.com/usersguide.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Sandy L" wrote in message
Thanks. I have copied the text into a document and will go over it in
time.
I have been trying diligently to learn Word for some time, but encounter
problems like this where the help menus do not help. Not only do the
authors
of the two programs think differently about how word processing should be
done, they don't seem able to translate reference terms for the help
menus.
Perhaps if I had learned Word first, it would seem more intuitive. I
started
out with Easy Writer on a first-generation PC, picked up Wang machines,
graduated to MultiMate and XYWrite, then to DOS and various Windows
versions
of WordPerfect. I started trying to switch to Word about five years ago
and
found it so frustrating I went back to WordPerfect for a while, but with
Microsoft conquering the world, that is not very practical, so I have been
using mostly Word for about two years. I even resorted to Video
Professor.

"Charles Kenyon" wrote:

Ctrl-Shift-SpaceBar

Here is some general info on moving from Word Perfect to Word:

***

"Sandy L" wrote in message
I can find no help in creating a hard space between words. At times in
the
past, I have found Word can actually do things that are not
well-documented
in their help. Does anyone know how this is done?

Yet another reason to prefer WordPerfect!