Daiya Mitchell

Instead of trying to set the default on the menu, go straight to enabling
what you want to do.

Record yourself pasting, then selecting "match destination formatting" to
create a macro, then assign a keyboard shortcut to the macro. You can assign
cntl-v if you want.

See these links for more information about macros:

Creating a macro with no programming experience using the recorder
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/macrosvba/UsingRecorder.htm

How to assign a Word command or macro to a toolbar or menu
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customizat...oToToolbar.htm

On 4/21/05 7:30 AM, "Sharon from California" wrote:

How do I set "match destination formatting" as the default for every time I
paste in a text into a document? Right now when I "crtl-V" I get a pull down
menu which defaults to something like "keep original formatting."

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/