Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default End Notes and Math Formulas?

It is still a mystery why MS thinks that people use lowercase roman numerals
for endnotes. You can change this in a given document by going to Insert |
Reference | Footnote, selecting the Endnotes radio button, and changing the
"Number format" with "Apply changes to" set to "Whole document." To make
this change for all new documents, perform the same actions in Normal.dot
(see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...lTemplate.htm).

If you want a bibliography (or numbered references) in alpha order, however,
see http://daiya.mvps.org/biblio.htm#AlphaEndnotes

http://word.mvps.org

wrote in message
Office Word 2003 on Win XP.
I'd like to make a Bibliograph at the end of a doc. I used end notes, and
that seems to more or less do the trick, but the foot note numbers are in
lower case Roman numerals. Is there a way to make them Arabic/Indian
numbers?

Is there a way to make math formulas?

Solid waste produced to generate electricity per person
over a lifetime:
Nuclear power -- 2 pounds in a coke can
Fossil (coal) fuel -- 68.5 tons in six 12-ton RR cars

-- Power to Save the World, Gwyneth Cravens

Web Page: www.speckledwithstars.net/