Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default Delete button inserts from clipboard

On Sun, 22 Apr 2007 10:18:01 -0700, webehills
wrote:

I have been using Word 2000 for several years now. Suddenly one day the
delete button began to insert from the clipboard instead of deleting what was
highlighted. I have tried every setting in Tools/Options/General and Edit I
can see related to this. I used the Delete all the time out of habit, my
computer at work functions properly so I know I'm not crazy. Please help

In Tools Options Edit, uncheck the box for "Use the INS key for
paste" (the third one in the left column).

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman