Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Too Many Data Fields in Mail Merge

Do you have any data that contains commas (assuming that your CSV data
really is comma-delimite rather than delimited by some other character)? If
so, is it enclosed in double-quotes?

When you select the mail merge data source, does Word ask you about the
field delimiter? Does it also ask yu about the "record delimiter"? (Word has
a number of ways it can open a CSV data source and I'm trying to establish
which one it is using).

Peter Jamieson

"Lynda" wrote in message
I am working in Word 2003 mail merge and using a .csv data file as the data
source file. The CSV file has the field headings as a header. Lately,
every time I try to merge from the .CSV data file to the merge letter, I
get the message "Too Many Data Fields." I then have to click 'ok' to
contunue. A few letters will merge ok and then this message pops up again.
Is there some setting that needs to be set for prevent this from occurring?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Lynda