If you're using Norton AntiVirus, be sure to disable the Office Plug-in. I'm
not sure how much good this will do, though, as I notice the same thing, and
I think it may actually be caused by all the spyware sweepers and the like.
Too much security!

"Ry" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have begun to notice 3-5 sec delays in shifting between documents in
Word, even empty doc's. I am finally using 3 different spyware
systems, including Spybot, Adaware and the Microsoft version,and keep
sweeping the system, but it doesnt seem to do any good. WHen I check
Task Manager, the CPU usage goes up to 100% at each shift.

I dont think disk thrashing has anything to do with it and have
recently defragged anyway.

Anyone have any ideas?