Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Murtaza

Default Cross Referencing (I think!)

thanks a lot. it worked

Now could you please tell me the fastest way to insert this field "REF
CompanyName \*charformat"

Will AutoText work?

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
Add a charformat swith to the ref field eg {REF Bookmarkname

\*charformat }

Murtaza wrote:
Can I do this without formatting?

I want to insert 'Refrence' without formatting, in fact it should be
formatted where it placed.

Regards,
Murtaza

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
On the Insert menu, click Reference, and then click Cross-reference.
Choose a "Reference type" (such as "Heading" or "Numbered paragraph")
and then, at "Insert reference to", pick the desired type of
reference (text or number).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"DLee" wrote in message
Hi

I've created a legal document with specific clauses in. I need to
be able to update the reference to specific clauses if the main
clause changes!! (if you follow what I mean)

eg Clause 5.1 (if the original Clause changes to 4.1) I want the
reference to update automatically. How do I do this?