Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Formatting a Form Field (Telephone Number)

I can't get this to work with parentheses, which apparently can't be
included in a "number format," but if you set the form field type to
"Number," set 12 as the maximum number of characters, and then use
000-000-0000 as the number format (checking the box for "Calculate on
exit"), users can enter numbers continuously, and when they tab out of the
field the result will be formatted as 123-456-7890. I can't help feeling
there must be some way to accomplish this with the format you want, but I
haven't been able to achieve it. It would appear not to be possible to add
formatting switches to FORMTEXT fields, so that's no help, either.

"Lilbit" wrote in message
lkaboutsoftware.com...
Is it possible that when a user lands on a form field, that form field
will
show ( )___-____. When they go to type in the telepone number, the 1st
digit will appear after the open parenthesis; after typing in the third
digit, it will jump to the 1st underlined space; after typing in three
numbers, it will jump to the 1st underlined space after the dash so they
can type in the last four numbers? Thanks!!

--
Message posted using
http://www.talkaboutsoftware.com/gro...docmanagement/