Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default Automatic date change

The "Update automatically" setting in the Date and Time dialog box
applies only to the field you are currently inserting; it doesn't
change anything in existing documents.

To fix the problem, you'll have to do the following: Open a document
where the date keeps updating. Press Alt+F9 to display the field code.
You'll see something similar to: { DATE \@ "MM/dd/yy" }. Replace the
DATE part with CREATEDATE and press F9. Repeat for each affected
document.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"92011" wrote in message
news

"bogiebob" wrote:

When I open saved word documents, such as letters or faxes, they

open with
the current date. Auto update is off in date & time format.

HELP! How can
I keep the date the document was written as the date on the

document.