Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
DeanH DeanH is offline

Default Word 2003 - Space "before" in cells

Yes,
1. You can apply the Paragraph format of Space Before (and Space After) to
individual cells in a table.
2. You can alter the cell margins (specifically the Top margin) for
individual cells via the Cell Options dialog, found under Table Properties,
Cell, Options. This method does not affect the Style that is applied to the
cell, sometimes a good thing ;-)
Also you can affect the Row height and appearance by changing the following:
3. Row Height can be set to a specific measurement.
4. Paragraph fomat, Line Spacing can affect the spacing.
Any more?

Hope this helps
DeanH

"Helen" wrote:

Hello,

I'm just checking: am I wrong to assume that yes, even though you use the
same font, same border style, same everything in a table, that it can
suddenly happen that the space before in cells can be a bit wider that the
space in all cells above?

Thank you.

Helene