Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
sf sf is offline

Default disable macros - Word 2003?

On Mon, 27 Jul 2009 12:41:10 +0200, "Stefan Blom"
wrote:

Hmm, the icon for a *Word 2007 template* does have an exclamation point in
its icon. If you are also running Word 2007, or if you have installed the
compatibility pack, that would explain why you can open such a file. It has
nothing to do with pasting as unformatted text, though.

I read something about Word 2007 when I researched the exclamation
point. I went to "About Word" and it said 2003. I do remember a time
when I fiddled around for some reason. I don't remember what I did or
why and it was months ago anyway. This ! has only been appearing in
the last few days. I went to my folder file and resaved the doc as
a txt file, but a ! also appears next to the text icon.

Looking in Add/Remove programs, I do have a compatibility pack for
Office 2007 first installed in 4-2009 and last updated 6-10-09, so
that doesn't explain why the ! is only appearing now. I read
somewhere that the ! is supposed to indicate a macro. If it doesn't,
how do I convert those W! icons back to regular Word Doc icons?

TIA

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.