Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Word 2010 - Print Preview Magnifier

Full Screen Reading is in no way a substitute for Print Preview. I can't
imagine any reason for even using FSR, much less trying to edit in that view
(given that it isn't WYSIWYG); I do my editing in Print Layout view, but
some people do like to be able to immediately correct errors they spot in
Print Preview. This would not be such an issue if you could close Print
Preview and be on the page you were viewing in PP, but, unless this has
changed, Word takes you back to the page where you were when you switched
into Print Preview, which is not acceptable if you've PageDown'd through
dozens of pages before spotting the error.

The question that Tammy is asking is not about how to use the magnifier in
Print Preview but about how to turn it off in order to permit editing. If
there is no magnifier, then perhaps clicking in the document automatically
permits editing?

http://word.mvps.org

"Janine" wrote in message
Suzanne,

It is now in Full Screen Reading - you can Find/Allow Typing/Track
Changes/Comments read superbly on the screen (the larger the better). Read
one page or two pages etc. and go to Print Preview when ready to print.

Print Preview is now just what it should always have been Print Preview
what you see before you print (as in Printer Software). The new FULL
SCREEN READING mode is where you modify the document and it is great.

Let's face it if you didn't know to click the magnifying glass many users
never would have. In FULL SCREEN READING mode you can see everything very
clearly and select what you like.

Janine

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
If editing is no longer possible in Print Preview, a lot of people are
going to be unhappy.

http://word.mvps.org

"Janine" wrote in message
Tammy

In 2010 Print Preview does just that only now.
You are looking for Full Screen Reading (next icon at bottom right of
screen) gives you options to edit/track/comment/highlight etc. So you
really don't need Print Preview unless you really want to Print
Preview - just clear the brain cells and think Full Screen Reading.

I have assigned a shortcut key ReadingMode

Janine

"Tammy" wrote in message
Hi -

I can't find the Magnifier option when I'm in Print Preview - does
anyone
know where it exists in Word 2010? Please don't tell me it's gone!!!

Thanks for any guidance!