Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Janine Janine is offline

Default Word 2010 - Print Preview Magnifier

This is a very contentious issue I see.

I think full screen reading view is because people are Screen Reading
documents more these days rather than just willy nilly printing everything
out. So it is a great space to work on the document on screen - the larger
the screen the better. It is also just as easy to work on the document in
the usual print layout view too.

The only key point is CTRL F2 only allows Print Preview and Print Options.

"KRyan" wrote in message

Suzanne and Tammy are right. I've been training users for years to use
Print Preview and click the Magnifier button to make quick edits before
printing. Users will definitely have some questions about this.

For 2010, I understand what Janine is saying. For quick edits prior to
printing, I'll tell users to click Full Screen Reading View and then
choose View Options Allow Typing. However I'm concerned this view will
not be fully WYSIWYG.

If any of the Microsoft Word On-Line Help people happens to see this
post, I HIGHLY suggest documenting this change somewhere. I searched the
Help for 'Print Preview' and all variations thereof, even going out to
IE and searching in Bing and Google, and never found a good
explanation.

Thanks,
Kim Ryan

technical consultant
spartan technology solutions, inc. 'www.spartantechnology.com'
(http://www.spartantechnology.com)

Stefan Blom;642758 Wrote:
But Full Screen Reading isn't necessarily a WYSIWYG view, which is
supported
by the help topic that you cited: "you also have the option of seeing
the
document as it would appear on a printed page".

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

__________________________________
"Janine" wrote in message
No Suzanne, actually Full Screen Reading is where you Allow Typing
Mode
(make edits to document as Tammy has suggested wanting to do).
WYSIWYG
("seeing the document as it would appear on the printed page") is what
have in Full Screen Reading view not sure why you would have a
different
view Suzanne.

--
KRyan