WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do you insert a block quote?

Hey there! I'd be happy to help you with inserting a block quote in your Microsoft Word document. Here are the steps you can follow:
  1. First, select the text that you want to format as a block quote.
  2. Next, go to the "Home" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. Look for the "Styles" section and click on the small arrow in the bottom right corner of that section to open the "Styles" pane.
  4. In the "Styles" pane, scroll down until you see the "Quote" style. It should have a blue icon with a quotation mark.
  5. Click on the "Quote" style to apply it to your selected text. This will format the text as a block quote with indented margins on both sides.

If you don't see the "Quote" style in the "Styles" pane, you may need to add it to your Quick Styles gallery. Here's how:
  1. Right-click on the "Quote" style in the "Styles" pane.
  2. Select "Add to Quick Styles Gallery" from the dropdown menu.
  3. The "Quote" style should now appear in the Quick Styles gallery at the top of the "Styles" pane.

I hope this helps you format your block quote!