Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Jpod Jpod is offline

Default Mail Merge with Access Report (grouping levels equivalent)

Hi,

I have two tables in Access 2003 with a one-to-many relationship, in
an access report the grouping works, how do I make this work in a Word
2003 mail merge? The following are not my tables but an example of
what I am trying to achieve, where the relationship is 1 to many from
Orders to OrderItems:

Table 1 - Orders
OrderID
Date
SalesPerson

Table 2 - OrderItems
ItemID
Description
QTY
Value
*OrderID

On the 1 Page word document I want to print display as follows

This is your Order ID on Date.
Your Salesperson was Salesperson.

Here is a list of your Items:
ItemIDDescriptionQTYValue

It will list as many items as there are for the particular OrderID.Any
help gratefully received. I have tried various methods but can't seem
to get any to work.

Many Thanks, Chris.