Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Pablo Jord Pablo Jord is offline

Default Incorrect date format coming across in mail merge from excel

hey ames,

i sometimes find that if i am having formatting problems with a excel
spreadsheet, i save the file as a csv file instead. i then use the csv file
as my data source for the merging routine. i find that this usually helps if
there are any formatting issues. it is especially useful for numeric data
that appears in my document with to many decimal places etc. it should solve
your date problems as well. i hope this is of some help to you.

--
Pablo

"Ames" wrote:

Hi there..

I am mail merging date fields from excel spreadsheet listed in format 24
September 2008 but when they come across into the word doc they display as
the US date format 9/24/08.

I have checked the language settings to make sure they are English -
Australian (not US) on the word doc. I have tried selecting the correct date
format when editing the toggle fields. I'm stuck! help!! ...any suggestions??