Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
pedro

Default track changes in protected documents

Hi.

I'm designing a minutes-of-meeting template for my company and bumped into
this problem:
I'd like to have an header page with the functionality typical of a forms
section and then a "fully-editable" body document. I divided the document
into 2 sections and I configured the document protection to be used only in
the first one.
However, after I have set the protection on, it prevents me from, for
example, formating the borders and shading of cells in the table I have in
the 2nd section; I'm unable to turn the track changes on; I can't edit the
document properties. Is there anything I can do to avoid these protections on
the "unprotected" section of the document?

Thank you.

--
pedro