Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Mindy

Default email merge

I modified the file but it still doesn't give email as a way to merge.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

First, make sure that the e-mail program you want to use is set up to be the
default e-mail program (e.g. via Internet Explorer Tools . Internet
Options Programs.

Find the WIN.INI file in your Windows folder (typically c:\WINDOWS),
make a backup copy of it, and open it in Notepad.

Ensure that the following text is in there, and add it if not

[Mail]
MAPI=1
CMCDLLNAME32=mapi32.dll
CMCDLLNAME=mapi.dll
CMC=1
MAPIX=1
MAPIXVER=1.0.0.1
OLEMessaging=1

You will need to close all copies of Word before this change has a chance of
taking effect. It is probably safest to restart Windows to be completely
sure.

If that isn't enough, you may need to edit the registry; however see how you
get on with the above first.

Mindy wrote:
Hi, I'm trying to do a email merge in word 2003. The directions say
to go to Tools, Letters and Mailmerge and under select document type,
click E-mail message. The problem is under select document type, I
have letters, envelopes, labels, and directory. How can I add email
messages?