Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey

Default change the AUTO TEXT selections in the HEADER-FOOTER toolbar

LJ,

Apply the "heading" style to the text that you are going to use to create
the autotext entry. When the entry is created it will be listed in the
heading category and therfore appear in the list as you desire.

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:

LJ wrote:
I have new AUTO TEXT that I want to easily select when I make a new
footer. The current header- footer toolbar has the usual selections
(created on, filename etc). I have created the new auto text in the
regular auto text area of word (insert auto text add) but don't
know how to make it appear as one of the choices in the footer
toolbar.
thanks
LJ