Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz

Default How to make one large letter per 81/2x11 page top to bottom?

Another option - Select the typed character, cut, then use Paste Special -
Picture(Enhanced Metafile).

FYI - you're running into the problem because the *text* characters are
designed to include line spacing proportional to the font size, which Word
doesn't have the capability of overriding effectively. You could use
FormatParagraph - Line Spacing set to Exactly and use a point size
*smaller* than the font size (i.e., if font size = 850, use Line Spacing =
800), but this is a guessing game.
--
HTH|:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

"JHTIK" wrote in message
I am tryping to make one large letter that is as big as an 8 1/2xll. I want
to use it as a stencil to create lettering on a very large sign. I can't
get
the letter to begin at the top of the page. No matter what I do or my
niece
does the top of the letter begins about 2 1/2 inches from the top of the
page. I tried putting the letter in a text box and the letter still starts
down to low to fit in the box. I am using about a 800-850 font size so
these
are really big letters. I did this last year and made two signs. I can't
get
started on the signs until I make the indiviudal letter templates.
I tried dragging the test box past the margins which are set at max size.
didn't print that out. I wanted to wait to see what my niece said. She
couldn't help me either. HOw can I make the letters big and still fit on
the
page one letter per page.
Spelling out the word information on an 8' long sign.