Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
janmelo janmelo is offline

Default Opening email attachments with "docx" suffix?

how do I save Word 2007 into compatible 97 - 2003 version?

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

If Word adds a docx suffix you are not saving in Word 2003 format but Word
2007 format. To open such documents you need either Word 2007 or the
compatibility pack
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/pr...686761033.aspx
The probable reason is trying to mail out of Word 2007 instead of saving the
document in the required format and attaching it to an e-mail message.

Miguel Reparation wrote:
I've tried to send email attachments of Word 2003 documents. When
opening these up, the documents have a "docx" suffix and hotmail.com
(and other email) can't
open them. What do I need to do? Thanks in advance!