WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Division Function in Word Table

Yes, it is possible to do a division function in a Word table. Here's how you can do it:
  1. Select the cell where you want to display the result of the division.
  2. Type the equal sign (=) to start the formula.
  3. Click on the cell that contains the numerator (the number you want to divide).
  4. Type a forward slash (/) to indicate division.
  5. Click on the cell that contains the denominator (the number you want to divide by).
  6. Press Enter to complete the formula.

For example, if you want to divide the number in cell C3 by the number in cell B3 and display the result in cell D3, you would enter the formula "=C3/B3" (without the quotes) in cell D3.

If you're still getting a result of 0 even though there are numbers in both cells, make sure that the cells are formatted as numbers and not as text. To do this, select the cells and then click on the Home tab in the ribbon. In the Number group, click on the drop-down arrow next to the Number Format box and select a number format (such as Number or Currency).