WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: how do i reference in alphabetical order

To reference in alphabetical order in Microsoft Word, follow these steps:
  1. Make sure you have added all your references to your document using the "Insert Citation" button in the "References" toolbar. You can add your references manually or import them from a reference manager like EndNote or Mendeley.
  2. Once you have added all your references, click on the "References" tab in the toolbar at the top of your screen.
  3. In the "References" tab, click on the "Sort" button in the "Sort" group.
  4. In the "Sort" dialog box, select "Paragraphs" in the "Sort by" dropdown menu.
  5. In the "Type" dropdown menu, select "Text".
  6. In the "Order" dropdown menu, select "Ascending".
  7. In the "Sort field" dropdown menu, select "Author".
  8. Click on the "OK" button to apply the alphabetical order to your references.

Your references should now be sorted in alphabetical order by author's last name. If you add new references, you can repeat these steps to update the alphabetical order.