Perplexed in Brooklyn

You didn't answer why the picture editor is grayed when I right click on any
picture.

And what I would change in the picture could be almost anything a REAL
picture editor would allow me to do NOT a "format picture" choice.

Seems like Microsoft blew it again and didn't address the consumer, but
relied on profits and engineers to udgrade a good product. No more "Picture
Editor" program. Why? No other options? Why?

And if I reload Microsoft Picture Editor 3.02 from Word XP, the "Edit
Picture" option still remains gray. Why?

Thanks.

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?UGVycGxleGVkIGluIEJyb29rbHlu?=,

Installed Office 2003. Tools Options Edit Picture Editor, only shows
"Microsoft Word" as a picture editor choice. This happed on TWO different
machines!!
AND
"Edit Picture" is grayed when I right click on a picture.

Well, Word's internal picture editor is the only one available in Office
2003. An earlier version of Office included some kind of Photo editor, but
that's been discontinued. Any other software would have to register itself
as being available as a picture editor, but no manufacturers have chosen to
do so that I know of.

HOW do I get ANY picture editor to work with Word 2003? Like maybe the
include Microsoft Office Picture Manager??

What do you want to do with the pictures?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org