Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?UGVycGxleGVkIGluIEJyb29rbHlu?=,

You didn't answer why the picture editor is grayed when I right click

on any
picture.

Without more information it's hard to guess. My guess is that Word
doesn't recognize any picture editor as being valid for the graphic
format you're right-clicking.

Word's internal picture editor only works with *.wmf files (ClipArt,
AutoShapes).

And what I would change in the picture could be almost anything a REAL
picture editor would allow me to do NOT a "format picture" choice.

Well, Word isn't a "real" picture editor, so I wouldn't expect that kind
of support in Word. If I want to manipulate a picture, I use a graphics
program. Just as I wouldn't try to write a letter in Excel, or do
calculations in a graphics program.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org