Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default What are all the layout compatibility options in Word 2007?

"Use Normal style for bulleted or numbered lists" should prevent Word from
changing the style when you apply a bulleted or numbered list (as direct
formatting via buttons on the ribbon). This is also available as a
application-wide setting (in the Advanced category, under "Editing
options").

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
I had certainly heard about the second--not sure about the first, and I'm
not clear on what it would accomplish.

http://word.mvps.org

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
Actually, there are at least two new compatibility options for Word 2007:

- "Use Normal style for bulleted or numbered lists"

- "Split apart page break and paragraph mark"

(Saving a file in *.doc format would undoubtedly reveal even more new
options.)

I agree that the KB article isn't always helpful, but at least it gives
us some information...

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
I don't think there are actually any new ones in Word 2007, but the
explanations in that article aren't always very helpful for any version,
anyway. A lot of them are kind of trial-and-error, I think.

http://word.mvps.org

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
The following KB article explains most of the compatibility options:

Description of the Compatibility options that are available in the
dialog box in Word 2003, Word 2002, and Word 2000
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/288792/en-us

There doesn't seem to be a similar article written for Word 2007.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"prestebb" wrote in message
In Word Options/advanced there are several layout options listed. How
can
I find out what each of them does?