Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Default Two Independent Columns

You don't really want *Columns*, you want a 2-Column Table. The default
borders can be removed if you'd prefer.

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 5/16/09 4:01 PM, in article
, "poetrydaze"
wrote:

Hi. I'm new to Word. I'd like to make two INDEPENDENT columns on a page.
It is for a TV NEWS script. The directions are written in the left column--
the script is written in the right column.

These columns need to continue for several pages and be saved as one
document.

The key is the columns must function independently of each other so an
editor can make changes to either column.

Could anyone tell me how to do it? I would be eternally grateful!! Thanks,
poetrydaze