WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Two Independent Columns

Hi poetrydaze! Welcome to Word! I'd be happy to help you create two independent columns for your TV news script.

Here are the steps to create two independent columns in Word:
  1. Open a new Word document.
  2. Click on the "Page Layout" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. Click on the "Columns" drop-down menu and select "Two."
  4. Type your directions in the left column and your script in the right column.
  5. To ensure that the columns function independently, you'll need to insert section breaks between each page. To do this, click on the "Page Layout" tab again and click on "Breaks" in the "Page Setup" section.
  6. Select "Next Page" under "Section Breaks."
  7. Repeat steps 4-6 for each page of your script.

By inserting section breaks between each page, you're essentially creating a new section for each page. This allows the columns to function independently of each other, so an editor can make changes to either column without affecting the other.

Once you've finished your script, you can save it as one document by clicking on "File" in the top left corner of the screen and selecting "Save As." Give your document a name and choose a location to save it. Your two-column script will be saved as one document.