Jonathan West

Hi Chip,

You might want to take a look at this article

Creating a Table of Contents Spanning Multiple Documents

Regards
Jonathan West - Word MVP
www.intelligentdocuments.co.uk
Please reply to the newsgroup
Keep your VBA code safe, sign the ClassicVB petition www.classicvb.org

"Chip Orange" wrote in message
Since we're talking about master doc feature here, I'd like to ask:

We have a need to create a large doc collaboratively, with many authors
working on sub doc portions concurrently. We need someone to routinely be
able to put the entire doc together, print it, and otherwise review it.

We are being (the IT shop) asked repeatedly about master doc feature, and
are passing on the advice we read here that it's not safe, but we have
little to offer in its place except copy and paste (our formatting
requirements are rigid).

Any suggestions on how we should best accomplish this?

Thanks.

Chip

p.s.

We did have a short try with includetext fields, and found on ocasions
they
too caused problems with improper formatting of the final doc.