Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ssummsm ssummsm is offline

Default Word 2007 Indented paragraph doesn't indent first line on next

I finallly figured out what it was, with some help from a vaguely remembered
discussion of something similar, perhaps on this site of somewhere else.

The document had been numbered by a previous version of WORD. WORD 2007 can
only un-number what it itself has numbered. The `old' number was in the
Header. When I finally opened the headers to edit them I deleted the numbers
AND THE `FRAME' IN WHICH THEY WERE CONTAINED and the peculiar displacement of
the first-line-of-the-page -but not of the paragraph- disappeared.

Pardon the delay in geting back to you. I wasn't getting the email alert of
more responses anymore. I just came back here to give this solution. Also
when I clicked on the link in the first such email alert it only opened MSIE
and gave me a blank page, not this discussion.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

This intrigues me. Can you email me a copy of the document (or a portion
that illustrates the problem)?

--
Suzanne S. Barnhil

"ssummsm" wrote in message
Thank you for responding. It is actually a full paragraph indentation
which
should have no oddities. Here are no paragraph breaks or manual page
breaks.
If I could attach an image I could show you the pages with all relevant
formatting marks shown. In one case I stumbled around with Styles and got
rid
of it but can't seem to reproduce this.

It also happens with a paragraph that is fully indented that starts at the
top of a page --the first line looks like a hanging indent even though the
paragraph formatting indicates no special indents.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I assume you are referring to a hanging indent? Are you sure there is not
paragraph break? Or have you inserted a manual page break? If so, that
includes a paragraph break.

"ssummsm" wrote in message
A paragraph that is set to be indented and that flows over to the next
page
does not have the first line on the next page indented. This line,
usually
just a continuation of a sentence on the previous page where the
paragraph
starts, has moved to the left margin. The next line of the
paragraph -whether
or not part of the same sentence- are indented again